Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:59:40 +0100
From:      Dan Ros <dan.ros@nildram.net>
To:        'Adrian Penisoara' <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>, "'freebsd-security@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Controlling access at the Ethernet level

This sounds like a university residential halls network, am I right?

For what it's worth, the university I attend has tried both DHCP by mac
address, static arp and so on. Eventually now they have given up and the
cost of the network connection is simply included in the rent for the room.
That way they do not have to worry about unauthorised access.