Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:22:21 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware not recognized

	Recently, I replaced the NICs on a machine (old card was slow
and throwing errors).  Per good reviews, I went with Intel.
	However: the card is not recognized on boot, and I get:

none0@pci0:12:0:	class=0x020000 card=0x118a8086 chip=0x10798086 rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '82546EB Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

	If I explicitly load if_em via loader.conf, everything's fine.
	I'm guessing the identification codes aren't in the right
list.  Who do I talk to about this?
	(By the way, count me as a converted true believer in em-based
NICs.)

					Robert Huff