Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 19:23:19 -0600
From:      Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Programs

I have completed the FreeBSD 2.2.5 install from the FTP site
over the Internet. Lets just say that my current financial status
forces me to do this without the CD for now!

I selected the ports during installation and think I have what I
need to get some of the programs running. Anyway I have a
/usr/ports/ directory which is full of stuff. In particular I would
like to get the sunclock program running. Do I have to get
X-Windows running first. And If so, how do I do that.

Please phrase your answer in the simplest terms as many
of the responses I have received to date assume I know
what to do in between the steps. I am a total greeny on
this, although I'm a CNE with Novell, UNIX is still very
new to me.