Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 17:20:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      TR Nguyen <nguyen@omega.uta.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (freebsd-questions)
Subject:   Re: libXpm.so.3.4 (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> That is part of the Xpm distribution. See if your LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't set up
> correctly. Oh wait, you said that you did look for it. Do you have any other
> versions of the libXpm library?

I am the person who originated this question, so let me follow it up.
I originally need libXpm.so.3.4 to run some X-window-managers.
Steve Passe ( credit where credit is due) pointed me towards the
-current port for XPM, so I grabbed xpm-3.4e.tar.gz from
FreeBSD-current/ports... Oddly enuough, after the following the make and
make instructions  (per README file), my libXpm.so file was installed
as libXpm.so.4.5... I did a symlink from libXpm.so.3.4 to the newly
instaed libXpm.so.4.5 and my new x-games, piewm, ctwm, olvwm, et al,
ran ok -- or so I hope.

[DEVELOPMENT RELATED QUESTION]
BTW, I'm still looking for a way to tweak the MAXIMUM # of file
descriptors per process (_SC_MAX_OPEN) from 64 to something like 256, at
least.  I am not a subcriber to the development groups, and I would like
to get your feed back before I hit the Usenet.

You gals/guys are great! I got out of a few tight spots thankx to you
guys.
As always, Thankx for a great product and support.

TR Nguyen