Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:59:16 -0500
From:      "Chris Dritsas" <chrisquestions@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftpd login delay

Good Day,

I have the default freeBSD ftpd running but have a large delay when logging
into it for the first time, both from LAN as well as from the outside.

When I have not ftped to my site I have to wait about 30-60 seconds before
it throws up a login prompt (tried various client programs). Once I've
logged in I can log out, re-establish a new session, and I instantly get a
login prompt.

Any ideas?

--Chris