Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 11:15:33 -0700
From:      "Brandt Everett" <everett@bentonrea.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD and IPSEC

I have two remote offices.  I am running FreeBSD ver 4.0R on all three
firewalls.  I would like to create two VPN between the remote offices and
our HQ here.  I can create a VPN connection using the gif and
esp/tunnel//require, without the racoon, but from time to time the remote
offices loose communication with the HQ.  If I allow routing between the
remote sites, without the VPN or encryption they work just fine.  There are
some ipfw rules in place, but this happens even if I open the firewall up
all the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this?  Any ideas on
where to continue looking for problems?  I'm not looking for answers(unless
you got them) I'm looking for the next place to look.

Brandt Everett