Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Ian Cartwright <ian351c@cox.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logitech iTouch Cordless Desktop

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Ian Cartwright wrote:

> I have been trying to get a Logitech Cordless Desktop to work with
> FreeBSD without success.
>
> The cordless desktop consists of:
> 1) Cordless Keyboard model number Y-RE20
> 2) Cordless Mouse model number M-RR63
> 3) RF Receiver for Keyboard and Mouse model number C-BD9-DUAL

The iTouch stuff generally requires custom drivers, or doesn't quite act
like a standard keyboard so the driver gets confused. Other people have
run afoul of that equipment.

You might try disabling the device resets in the psm driver and/or playing
with the KBD_RESETDELAY and KBD_MAXWAIT kernel options. These are
documented on the atkbdc man page.

In general, though, avoid any gimmicky keyboards with non-Windows
operating systems :-)

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org