Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 21:12:40 -0500
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <j_mckitrick@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sound on toshiba laptop

Well, i've gotten some suggestions on getting my sound working on my
Toshiba Satellite 4010 CDT, but no luck.

Here is my latest kernel config:

controller snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
#device mpu0     at isa? port 0x330 irq 6 drq 0
#device css0     at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x08
#device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10

I have tried it with only the first and last lines, and i have tried
it with the first and all lines EXCEPT the last line.  All to no
avail.  Here is my most recent dmesg.  I commented out mpu and css
because the last dmesg showed conflicts, and besides, they didn't
work.  :-(

sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa

NOTE! SB Pro support required with your soundcard!
snd0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.1>
sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>
npx0 on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface

Any ideas?  This shouldn't be this tough.  P.S.  to test it i am
playing XGalaga with sound on.  Any better ideas?