Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:18:53 +0400
From:      "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Greg Lewis" <glewis@FreeBSD.org>, java@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>, secteam@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK/JRE RSA vulnerability

On 10/4/06, Simon L. Nielsen <simon@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 2006.10.04 20:41:34 +0400, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> > Please review the following patch to vuln.xml:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sat/diffs/jdk1509.diff
>
> Are you sure that the JDK/JRE for FreeBSD is actually vulnerable?  On
> some OS'es which don't support cryptographic operations by default
> (e.g. Windows) crypto libs are bundled with the program, but OS
> suplied libs are used on the OS'es which has them.  I don't know if
> this is the case of JDK/JRE but it should probably be checked first.
> Could you poke the java people (e.g. glewis AFAIR) to check?
>
> As a sitenote, the Secunia advisory doesn't contain anything which
> isn't on Sun's page, so much better to use the info directly from Sun.

Could you please take a look and tell us if we're affected by
one or more of these advisories:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102648-1
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-5201
http://secunia.com/advisories/22204/

I'm almost sure linux versions are vulnerable, but as for
native versions (both certified and not), it's unclear.

Thank you!