Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:52:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Werner Skwar <askwar@DigitalProjects.com>
To:        Questions about FreeBSD <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Installing exim and removing sendmail

Hello!
As I don't quite understand the configuration of sendmail and don't
really want to learn how sendmail is to be configured, I'd like to
install exim as the MTA on my system.
What do I need to do to

- disable sendmail -> is it enough, when I insert a line
sendmail_enable=no to my /etc/rc.conf?

- remove sendmail -> which package contains sendmail?  I grepped through
the listing of pkg_info -La for /usr/sbin/sendmail, and did not find
anything at all.

- install exim 3.13 -> I downloaded exim-3.13.tgz from ftp.freebsd.org
and pkg_add'ed it.  That was a pretty easy step ;-)

- enable exim 3.13 -> Okay, I found /usr/local/etc/rc.d/exim.sh.  How do
I make sure that this script is executed at boot time?  Would I create a
/etc/rc.local and insert a call to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/exim.sh there?
Would that be enough?  This question also applies to MySQL which seems
to be started thru /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, almost forgot to mention: I'm using FreeBSD 4.0.

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:	http://www.digitalprojects.com
Sichere Mail?	PGP/GnuPG Keys als Antwort auf Mail mit Betr: Get GPG Key