Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        JM <jmartin37@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Crontab behavior in AMD64

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, JM wrote:

> i know it seems simple but make sure your script has +x permissions. a lot of
> times i've forgotten to do this and overlooking this sometimes causes me some
> headaches. it's one of those things you forget and slap yourself about later.

Found the problem.
Will put complete details on a reply to a post I did in questions.. for
the archives.

Short version..
A file called /etc/nsswitch.conf needed to be changed because I compiled
the kernel without NIS.

However I still think that cron failing because it can not send an email
is a strange "feature". :-)