Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:08:37 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fatal trap 12 in pagedaemon on dual-core opteron machine

On Jul 9, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Mykel wrote:

> It's NICs I'm pretty sure. We've used various stages of 5.3 and 5.4
> to no avail. I'm about to start RMA'ing them... but when all 3 die
> the same way... I'm not encouraged.
>
> Presently we're running ggates across the fxp cards and they've
> been solid (so far... we only started yesterday)
> Are you using the onboard bge or PCI em?

i've had similar experience with tyan S2881 and dual opterons.  i
disable the onboard NICs and use intel em driver cards and have not
had a crash on either box for going on 2 months now.  i'm not sure
the NICs onboard are bad -- it could be the FreeBSD driver too.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806