Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:50:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NAT and PPTP

Brett Glass wrote:
> >I'd like to, but to be truthful I don't have much time to spare
> >these days...
>
> Would it be possible for you to spend just a few hours on converting
> code from mpd's pptp_ctrl.c and pptp.c into the basis of the daemon?
> The daemon would need to accept incoming "calls" only (which means the
> code for outgoing calls could be scrubbed), dispatch GRE packets into
> pipes to instances of "ppp -direct <label>" (which would be created as
> needed), and send data received from those processes out over GRE,
> adding the correct call ID for that instance.

I don't have time to do any real work.. however, the PPTP control
layer can be used pretty much as is.. i.e., the files pptp_ctrl.[ch].
It has a fairly clean API that any PPP daemon could use, and all they
require is some kind of event support.

-Archie

Archie Cobbs     *    Halloo Communications    *     http://www.halloo.com