Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:10:36 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "Z. Wade Hampton" <zwade@oldpathsbaptistchurch.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uncalled for reboot

"Z. Wade Hampton" <zwade@oldpathsbaptistchurch.org> wrote:

> Greetings to all,
> I am attempting to run cvsup-without-gui on a Dell Inspiron 1501, with amd64x2
> processor and 2GbRAM.
> I am using the "ports-supfile" modified to suit location and RELENG_6_1.
>
> The process begins, and starts deleting the old stuff...no problem.
> Then, about 10 minutes into it, the system reboots all by itself - no apparent
> reason.

You need to gather and provide considerably more information, unless
there's someone on list who is psychic.  FreeBSD version, hardware
data, etc ...

However, spontaneous reboots are almost always hardware problems.  Have
you verified that your RAM, hard drive, cooling, power, and all other
hardware factors are in proper operation?  That would be the first
logical step in diagnosing this.

-Bill