Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:56:34 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for a committer for cam fixes / enhancements

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

Steven, good day.

Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:44:52PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> Hi guys I'm looking for someone who is willing to commit
> some changes to cam.
>=20
> First is a fix so long timeouts work correctly:-
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/161901
>=20
> Its been discussed on the freebsd-stable and reviewed
> by Eygene Ryabinkin, cc'ed in case your willing to
> commit it Eygene?

If SCSI people will approve it, yes.  But as per discussion
with kib@ at that time of extending your patch, there should
be some general-purpose routine to convert milliseconds
to ticks, not the CAM-only stuff: some other drivers can
benefit from having it in-place.  Moreover, the routine should
gracefully handle zero HZ as the result, probably, just adding
one as tvtohz() does.

I'll try to come up with the revised patch, but not instantly:
drowned with job at $WORK, so this will take some days.
--=20
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]
[ 82FE 06BC D497 C0DE 49EC  4FF0 16AF 9EAE 8152 ECFB | freebsd.org ]

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8--