Date:      Sat,  7 Nov 1998 13:02:29 -0500
From:      Timothy J Luoma <public+FreeBSD@fdt.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   realistic HD size needed ?

Maybe this question isn't answerable, but I'll ask.

If I wanted to make a FreeBSD system where I could make my own kernels, make
world, etc

How large of a HD would I need?

This would be a Pentium system, if that matters.

I've got a 1gig HD available.  Would that be enough?  I'd want it to be my
main system, so I'd want X, Netscape, emacs, etc on it.

I just am curious how large I would want to be comfortable and not need to
worry about it (I'm considering getting a new HD anyway)

TjL