Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:54:14 -0600
From:      "Preston Hagar" <prestonh@gmail.com>
To:        Frozen <frozen@hack.gr>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Propose for a PCMCIA wireless card for laptops

I have a Edimax EW-7108PCg that works great under Linux: (
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=253490&prodlist=nextag)
The reason it works great is because Edimax is great at giving documentation
to developers to write drivers for it.  I found this for OpenBSD:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=147/83  Messages back from 2005 that
the OpenBSD team had received drives for it.  I didn't find anything right
away for FreeBSD, but you might could find some confirmation with a little
searching.  Anyway, it is a great card, I got it at newegg for $25, but they
don't seem to have it anymore.  Zipzoomfly does though (link above) for $30
with a $5 MIR.  Anyway, I know this isn't the absolute confirmation you
probably hoped for, but at least it might give you a card with good
potential to research a little more or try.

HTH,

Preston