Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:53:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
To:        Scott Stoddard <sstoddard@gblx.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Qmail - qmail-smtp.c authentication update?

What I've done after patching source code for qmail and already having it
installed has been to go into the /work/qmail-1.0.3 dir and run:

make setup check

Make determines that source has changed, compiles the new binary, and
installs it, and only it -- everything else should stay exactly how it is.

A backup never hurt anybody, even if it's just stopping qmail and
copying the /var/qmail dir to /var/qmail-good, you know, just to be on the
safe side. ;-)

Thomas