Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:47:09 -0500
From:      Martin Poulin <martin.poulin@teklogix.com>
To:        "'freebsd-small@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New to PicoBSD, need help with net, 4.2-Release, DHCP

Hi,

I'm fairly competent with FreeBSD but very new to PicoBSD.
I'm running into a few problems - I run
/usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build, and after configuring the kernel for a
"net" floppy and select "build it", I get the following errors during the
build process:

"error:  subtraction of two symbols in different sections ".data" {.data
section} - "KERNBASE" {*UND* section} at file address ...." and then it
stops with error code 1.

Is this a problem with 4.2-release and if so what release should I be using
(I have 3.4-release and 2.2.8-release on CD), or am I missing something else
entirely?

Also, I've seen other people ask but haven't yet seen an answer that I can
work with.  How do I enable DHCP client support so I can set this up as a
firewall / gateway for my @home cable service? (in small words please - I'm
still a newbie...)

Thanks in advance.

M.