Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:49:29 +0400 (GST)
From:      Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@rakhesh.com>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building Pine with PASSFILE option

> You would then need to add a warning when this option is enabled, as
> according to
> doc/tech-notes.txt this option is dangerous:
>
>   PASSFILE
>          _WARNING!_ Turning this on is very dangerous and should
>          probably not be done, except on single user systems! For
> :

I'm stuck here!

I went through the Pine Makefile coz I recollect it giving me a warning
about Pine not recommended by the FreeBSD Security Officer. And I also
went through the Porter's Handbook (very briefly). From these two I learnt
about the "pkg-install" file and so I tried putting in something there to
popup as a warning after the first warning.

/usr/bin/dialog --msgbox "_WARNING!_ Turning the PASSFILE option on is
very dangerous and should probably not be done, except on single user
systems!" 7 70

But thing is -- how do I make this warning appear *only* if the PASSFILE
option is chosen? From what I can see, the "WITH_PASSFILE" variable is not
visible to the "pkg-install" file and so I can't use that to wrap the
dialog around an if ... fi block. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rakhesh