Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:09:37 -0500
From:      Mike Galvez <mrg8n@virginia.edu>
Subject:   Re: Mutt setup

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:44:12PM -0800, Phil Webb wrote:
> In my ongoing adventure gettin my brain around FreeBSD I have decided to move
> from Kmail in fvwm to mutt in fvwm.
>
> I installed mutt from ports and printed the "Mutt Manual" from mutt.org.
>
> In perusing the mutt manual I have two imminent questions.
>
> 1) On a default mutt install where the heck is .muttrc?  I can't find it in
> /etc or in /usr/local/share/mutt as the manual says.  Do I need to build my
> own, or am I gonna break something doing this? (Outside my own mistakes in
> .muttrc of course)
>
> 2) Is it possible for me to "call" vi as my editor of choice rather than use
> the Emacs-style editor built into mutt?  I have no "religious"  bias against
> Emacs, I am just sticking to the fewest possible variables on the learning
> curve at any one time and am learning vi for portabilities sake.
>
> As always, I thankfully await your sage recommendations.
>

> --
> Phil Webb
> http://www.piperain.com

Phil,

Take a look at some of the .muttrc examples at: www.mutt.org.

HTH

Mike

--
Michael Galvez
Computer Systems Sr. Engineer         Office: 804-982-2975

I get up each morning, gather my wits.
	Pick up the paper, read the obits.
If I'm not there I know I'm not dead.
	So I eat a good breakfast and go back to bed.