Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      patl@Phoenix.Volant.ORG
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-FS@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-Arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nullfs fixes [Was: Support for pivot_root-like system call?]

On  8-Jun-01 at 08:30, Peter Wemm (peter@wemm.org) wrote:
> Terry, the 'cache coherency' bugs have been fixed in -current for ~8
> months now (September 2000).  The infrastructure changes for this are
> subject to a call-for-review right now for a merge to 4.x.

This is -VERY- good news.  I just have two questions:

1.  Which currently broken filesystems in STABLE become usable with
    these fixes?

2.  Do you have any wild-assed guess as to how long the approval and
    MFC are likely to take?  (I.e., When might it be available in -STABLE)

    (I chose the word 'guess' carefully - I know better than to rely
    on any such prediction.  Nevertheless, a ballpark estimate would
    help me decide whether to consider delaying a project I'm starting
    until those fixes are in.)

Thanks,
-Pat