From:      Paul MacKenzie <pc.mackenzie@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quick question about arp error

Hello,

I have a question about ARP based security. With a packet firewall enabled
and verbose settings, I get a million of the following messages

Mar  2 10:59:24 server /kernel: arplookup xx.xx.xx.xx failed: host is not
on local network

I know that the host is not on the local network, that is not a problem
because it isn't...

But, what I do not understand is why is this happening? Is this a security
risk? What if anything can be done to fix it? What causes it?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks...