Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:35:27 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new disk: partition recommendations?

On 14 Aug 98, at 18:53, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > Any recommendations on how to partition this new drive?
>
> This is a second drive, right?  That's simple: one partition.  About the
> only thing you might want to consider is to add a second swap partition.
>  FreeBSD is getting quite swap-hungry (it's a performance tradeoff, a
> reasonable on in my eyes), and you should aim to have at least 256 MB of
> swap.

OK.  That I will do.

By coincidence, I have just finished reading chapter 12 of The Complete
FreeBSD.  I wish I'd bought this book before I'd installed FreeBSD.  The
time this book would have saved me!  For example, if I'd read Chapter 11
before I installed my CD-ROM, I'd have not had the entry in my diary
titled "Where did my file system go?".

thanks.

--
Dan Langille