Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:54:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Walter Campbell <wcampbel@botbay.net>
To:        Jeff Kletsky <Jeff+freebsd@wagsky.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pkg/port dependency tool (enclosed)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Jeff Kletsky wrote:
> to dependencies, and am offering back to the project a Perl script that
> provides output that can be run through dot(1) (available in the port
> graphics/graphviz) to produce a dependency graph.

graphviz depends on X11.  What I had to do was take an older version
of graphviz, strip out the X stuff, and only build the two tools I
need, dot and neato.  If a FreeBSD port is available to do that and
that alone, without requiring X, I will be incredibly happy, and
willing to upgrade my (slightly buggy) graphviz installation.