Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:24:53 -0600
From:      Mark Kane <mark@mkproductions.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Corruption/artifacts in GTK applications after update

Hi.

Yesterday I updated all ports on my system which had quite a few changes
since my last update on November 14. After everything is up to date I
am noticing graphical corruption/artifacts in some GTK applications.
Here are a few examples:

1) Terminal (x11/Terminal): When switching tabs in Terminal, the area
where the terminal text is normally displayed becomes corrupted. If the
window is not maximized, it looks like this after switching tabs:

http://tntpowerhost.com/mixx941/freebsd/terminal_corruption_1.png

If the window is maximized when switching tabs, the entire area where
the text normally is becomes blank:

http://tntpowerhost.com/mixx941/freebsd/terminal_corruption_2.png

The text returns to normal by highlighting the entire text area of the
terminal, however the issue happens again every time a tab is switched.

I am using ROXTerm temporarily which does not have this issue.

2) Claws Mail: When composing a message, parts of the composition
window are black. Here is an example:

http://tntpowerhost.com/mixx941/freebsd/claws_corruption_1.png

It can somewhat be fixed by mousing over the black area, however it
doesn't fully display the window like normal:

http://tntpowerhost.com/mixx941/freebsd/claws_corruption_2.png

3) gLabels: When trying to create a new label, the window has some
artifacts similar to the non-maximized Terminal window:

http://tntpowerhost.com/mixx941/freebsd/glabels_corruption_1.png

I also noticed some minor issues with GIMP (parts of the top menu
sometimes have slight artifacts) and XChat (seems to reappear slower
than normal when switching from other applications), but I couldn't
reproduce or confirm those reliably so I'm only briefly mentioning it.

My ports are completely up to date as of the time of this email, and I
use Xfce as my desktop environment.

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions,

-Mark
8.0-STABLE #1: Sun Nov 29 17:57:25 CST 2009

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MarkK)