Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:53:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        "Michael.T" <SurfyUser@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Something inportant is missing from  manual....

>     Dear freebsd developers,I want to install freebsd and I have come
> across something I feel if would be added will make it easier for me
> to install freebsd.You mention in the guide to use a tool called
> fdimage to copy the files onto the floppyies.How do I split a 2.81 MB
> file onto the file using the tool?It would be very helpful for a new

	Well, according to the handbook you're supposed to download the
1.44 files, kern.flp and mfsroot.flp if you're running PC hardware and the
2.88, boot.flp, for Alpha hardware. Since you're most likely not running
Alpha hardware, I'd suggest you go back and download the other two files
and use fdimage.exe to make the boot disks. :)

					Rick