Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:13:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oddity with netscape and current

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Randall Hopper wrote:
> So, while we're on the subject, could you all try a 4.04 test?:
>
>      1) In 4.04, turn ON Java and Javascript & turn OFF auto-loading of
>         images.  Then exit 4.04.

What! I can't find the option to turn off auto-loading of images, they've
hidden it well since 3.x versions. Besides, the evil configuration screens
are so slow !

>2) Finally, invoke:
>
> <your-personal-ns4.04-hack-wrapper-script> \

I don't have one.

> 'http://necxdirect.necx.com:8002/cgi-bin/auth/docroot/index.html?nonce=guest'

This page worked for some time, and then locked up, I didn't have to turn
off auto-loading of images though.

> If you don't get a lock-up, I'd sure like to see your wrapper script and
> preferences.js!  This is just one of many pages on which 4.04 here freezes
> and takes any remaining CPU with it.

This is the first time netscape has locked up on me since the first 4.x
beta that was FreeBSD native. This is current from 2 Dec, and I installed
netscape by downloading it and running the ns.install script as I didn't
get hold of the ports collection.

Has anyone actually been keeping netscape informed of these problems ?
[I guess so, but thought I'd ask.]

	Steve

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342