Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:50:31 -0500
From:      William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   exim not running after portupgrade?

I recently ran portupgrade to get to a state that approximates current,
and when I rebooted exim is not running.  It used to, just fine, but now
when I boot I've got no MTA.  I can tell you, fetchmail thinks this is
quite the problem :-)

What could have caused this?  As far as I can tell it was being started
*somehow* before, and now it isn't.  It works fine if I just remember to
# sudo exim -bd -q5m
but I think it shouldn't have stopped starting just because of a
portupgrade.  I went from exim 4.12 to 4.24, but there are no changes in
the configuration needed for that update.

Any ideas?
--

yours,

William