Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:37:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
To:        Bob Kersten <bob_list@fellownet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail question

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Bob Kersten wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I've got two domains, one ending with .com and one ending with
> .org. I want to get rid of the .org domain, but my users still receive
> messages for the .org domain. So I'd like to send an extra mail to
> those people who keep on mailing my users on the .org domain. The
> message would say something like: "please use the [user]@[domain].com
> email adres next time". I'm using FreeBSD 4.6.2 with a standard
> installation of sendmail. Does anyone know how this is done?
>
> Cheers,
>  Bob.

There are several ways to do that within sendmail, but one of the simplest
would be to use .vacation files with the -a alias feature for the users
(man vacation).  A more central approach could probably be handled with
the sendmail aliases file, and of course there are more esoteric solutions
beyond that.  If you need one of the latter I've found the
comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup very comprehensive.

KeS