Date:      Sun, 07 May 2006 18:09:17 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: new ath hal (take 2)

I don't know why you are posting patches like this; they include changes
that are not MFC'd for specific reasons.  I've already told you
privately that the new hal has nothing to do with the issue of
supporting the 1/2 and 1/4-rate channels in the public safety band (as
enabled with regdomain 18).

If people want to try the new hal on a branch other than HEAD they
should follow the directions I gave in my original mail (modulo my
obtuseness).  I did not tell people to take the driver off head or
anything similar.  You need ONE change; the change in rev 1.143 of
if_ath.c that explicitly casts the bus tag and bus handle parameters in
the call to ath_hal_attach.  The main reason for the new hal is to fix
sparc64 support (and possibly alpha).

	Sam