Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 03:57:18 -0700
From:      "BJ How" <bj-how@mediaone.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Definition of FreeBSD

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEE152.1BEC6E40

Howdy,
By accident I stumbled across your website when on Yahoo I typed in a =
search for a program to play VCDs called Power VCD.  For whatever reason =
it pulled your sight up in the list.  I followed the link and was caught =
by the terms UNIX and LINUX.  I've been interested in playing with UNIX =
for a little while and have finally gotten to a point where I have an =
extra PC (P90 with 48 megs and a twitchy monitor) and wanted to get a =
little more serious about getting LINUX loaded.  So I continued to read =
on, if I don't go with LINUX I will probably go with FreeBSD.  There's =
only one thing which irritated me about your site.  Nowhere can I find =
BSD broken down.  If this is truly an acronym what the heck is it =
(please don't say its nothing, found this out the hardway with VAX, =
searched all over until I found one book which was actually kind enough =
to state 'if your looking for what the acronym stands for, don't, one =
doesn't exist').

Anyways, if you could provide me with what the acronym stands for and =
what it means it would be appreciated (been programming for close to 15 =
years and the biggest thing I hate is all the acronyms (I know, picked =
the wrong business!)).

Thanks for any info you can provide.

bj-how@mediaone.net
"Time after time we lose sight of the way; our causes can't see their =
effects." - Rush

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEE152.1BEC6E40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Howdy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>By accident I stumbled across your =
website when on=20
Yahoo I typed in a search for a program to play VCDs called Power =
VCD.&nbsp; For=20
whatever reason it pulled your sight up in the list.&nbsp; I followed =
the link=20
and was caught by the terms UNIX and LINUX.&nbsp; I've been interested =
in=20
playing with UNIX for a little while and have finally gotten to a point =
where I=20
have an extra PC (P90 with 48 megs and a twitchy monitor) and wanted to =
get a=20
little more serious about getting LINUX loaded.&nbsp; So I continued to =
read on,=20
if I don't go with LINUX I will probably go with FreeBSD.&nbsp; There's =
only one=20
thing which irritated me about your site.&nbsp; Nowhere can I find BSD =
broken=20
down.&nbsp; If this is truly an acronym what the heck is it (please =
don't say=20
its nothing, found this out the hardway with VAX, searched all over =
until I=20
found one book which was actually kind enough to state 'if your looking =
for what=20
the acronym stands for, don't, one doesn't exist').</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyways, if you could provide me with =
what the=20
acronym stands for and what it means it would be appreciated (been =
programming=20
for close to 15 years and the biggest&nbsp;thing I hate is all the =
acronyms (I=20
know, picked the wrong business!)).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for any info you can =
provide.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:bj-how@mediaone.net">bj-how@mediaone.net</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Time after time we lose sight of the =
way; our=20
causes can't see their effects." - Rush</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEE152.1BEC6E40--