Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:25:40 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>, <standards@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sem_* API

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> Ok, so I'm going to put them into src/lib/libc/sys/sem.c. :)

As fanf pointed out, this is a wrong place.

> I've moved uipc_sem.c from kern to posix4/posix4_sem.c and made it
> optional as well as put the code into libc.

This is another wrong place.  posix4 was renamed posix.1b 9 years ago
and merged into posix.1 6 or more years ago.  Don't put anything more
in sys/posix4 or use posix4 in any names.

The optionality of the things in sys/posix4 needs to be untangled.
I think most of the things there now should be non-optional at least
at the application level.  There are only small basic things related
to scheduling there.

Bruce