Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:10:50 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: GCC 3.2 in progress

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

> > > totally wrong, and this won't break things. I'm just a bit startled t=
hat
> > > this appears out of nowhere (I sure don't recall it being discussed) =
and
> > > just happens, with 10 minutes warning.
> >
> > The 2.95.3 -> 3.1 prerelease upgrade was a big step.
> >
> > 3.1 prerelease -> 3.2 is a little step which fixes bugs, make
> > kde working (gif support) again, fixes X11 and mozilla ports.
>=20
> Actually, if 3.2 doesn't use thunks, it's likely to break Mozilla again.
> This is really not that big of a deal.  I'll just need to alter a patch,
> and update the Mozilla people.

My understanding from watching the patches move through mozilla is
that the next release of mozilla _will_ work correctly with -CURRENT
because it is aware of us not using thunks. The thunks patch for
-CURRENT was verified in the mozilla src tree a week or two back. -sc

--=20
Sean Chittenden

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--