Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:44:46 +0900
From:      horio shoichi <bugsgrief@bugsgrief.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape navigator for FreeBSD5.1

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:29:49 -0700
Virupaksh Honnur <viruhonn@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a PC installed with FreeBSD5.1 and I would like to install
> netscape on it but can't find a suitable netscape version that can run
> on FreeBSD5.1.
>
> I downloaded communicator-v476-us.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar.gz and
> installed this version but when I execute this it gives a "exec format
> error".
>
> I am wondering which would be the compatible version of netscape on
> FreeBSD5.1 and from where I can download. (I spent some time on Google
> for this but no help!).
>
> Thanks,
> -Viru

You have a plenty of them.

% ls -d /usr/ports/www/netscape*
/usr/ports/www/netscape-remote         /usr/ports/www/netscape48-communicator
/usr/ports/www/netscape-wrapper        /usr/ports/www/netscape48-navigator
/usr/ports/www/netscape47-communicator /usr/ports/www/netscape7
/usr/ports/www/netscape47-navigator
%

As far as I see none of them has OS version dependency.

horio shoichi