Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:21:40 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XWin32 says "login incorrect" after 4>4.2

OK. I'm here to answer my own problem.
After many hours of digging, trial and error and everything else
I could could think of, here it is.

For XWin32 to run X from a windows box it runs 'rsh' which looks in the
file /etc/hosts.equiv for the Windows 95 client - host name.
Once I put either the name of the Windows machine OR it's
IP address (192.168.1.2)
like so;

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/hosts.equiv,v 1.4 1999/08/27 23:23:41 peter Exp $
#
#localhost
#my_very_good_friend.domain
#laptop