Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 1997 12:07:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Josh MacDonald <jmacd@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: html files [Re: texinfo changes ready]

On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Josh MacDonald wrote:

> difficult (I don't know HTML well enough to say for sure, but you
> probably wouldn't have to accept the entire language to accomplish
> what you guys are after).

You just have to find the title start and end tags (<title> and
</title> or </>, or <title/ and /), and suck up everything in
between. There is only one valid place for such tags to occur in
an HTML file and its presence is manditory, so you don't have
to worry about things like getting the wrong one.

-john