Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:17:42 +0200
From:      Arnaud Houdelette <tzim@tzim.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS send from FreeBSD 7.1 (v6) to 8.0 (v13).

Hi.

I use ZFS send/receive to do daily (or nightly) remote replication from
a dedicated server (at ISP's ) to my Home server.

Dedicated server use 7.1-RELEASE.
Home server is 7.2-RELEASE.
Each night, a snapshot is taken on the dedicated server and an
incremental send used to replicate the content to my Home server. No
problem so far.

With incoming 8.0, I'd like to upgrade my home server (and maybe upgrade
pool to v13) before even thinking to do anything to the dedicated
server. Will the send/receive scheme continue to work ?

Regards,

Arnaud