Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:34:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eric Patterson <ericp@ro.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd@computer.net
Subject:   Re: U2W?

Um, me too.  I have been trying to install freebsd
on a new machine with an ASUS P2B-S for a couple of days.  The best docs I
have found are at http://www.freebsd.org/~abial/cam-boot.  I have had some
limited success by following those instructions.  If I get it working, I
promise to write a brief howto an send it here or whereever is
appropriate.

I'd really like to run 2.2.7 or 2.2.6 on this machine because it needs to
be very reliable.  I haven't found any docs to say how to do this.  I hate
to bother Justin Gibbs (see above URL) if I should be able to figure it
out on my own.  I'm almost to the point of robbing a 2940UW from one of my
other machines to begin the installation.  Surely thaere's a solution
besides of this.

Thanks for any pointers or help.

Eric Patterson
ericp@ro.com