Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:21:28 +0930
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@xena.gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iBCS status?

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 01:48:10AM -0400, Matthew Emmerton wrote:

 > I was recently playing around with iBCS support in FreeBSD 3.4/4.0,
 > and noticed that there hasn't been much done since 96/97.  From what
 > I can see now, FreeBSD can't run SCO OpenServer 5.0 ELF binaries,
 > which is a feature I need desperately -- Linux has this functionality.
 > If anyone is working on iBCS, let me know, otherwise I'll start hacking
 > away at the the emulation code to allow SCO OSR5 ELF stuff.

SCO OpenServer doesn't use iBCS2, it's an SysVR4 ELF system.  FreeBSD
has notional support for it under the svr4 emulator in 4.x and -current,
but hardly any testing has been done with SCO (I've been using Solaris
binaries and libraries).

If you want to play with it and send patches, feel free to bounce them
my way.

See http://slash.dotat.org/~newton/freebsd-svr4/ for more info.

    - mark

--