Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:30:17 +0200
From:      "A. Satow" <mailing@toba.rhein-neckar.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   CTM and 3.3-STABLE

Hi,

Being quite new to FreeBSD, coming from Linux and migrated a few
years ago from M$, I have a few questions.
I would like to keep track of the FreeBSD 3.3 Stable branch via CTM.

As I am not sure if I setup my system correctly to fullfill the
requirements, here is briefly what I did. There is no doubt that
I am capable of completely messing up my box :-). I would like to
avoid this.

1.  Downloaded and installed 3.3 from
    .../FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-STABLE/

Question: As dmesg shows the following message. Is this stable 3.3 ?

    The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
  	FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Sep 24 09:43:40 CEST 1999

2.  Downloaded Base Delta and corresponding Deltas up to now.
    .../FreeBSD/CTM/src-3/src-3.0200xEmpty.gz, etc.

Question: Are these the correct Deltas I should use?

3.  Subscribed to Mailing lists: ctm-src-3, ctm-announce.

4.  Ports collection:
    .../FreeBSD/CTM/ports-cur/

5.  BTW (just curiosity): In the Mailing-List index there is a group called
    ctm-src-3-fast. What is it for?

I would be very glad to receive any hint in which direction I should start
and appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Alex