Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:52:37 +1000
From:      "John Andrewartha" <mulgajohn@bigpond.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB

=20
Hi and thanks for your help in advance,

My problems with USB devices persists. The astute reader may remember.

The OS is FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE.

The problem, my USB devices and how to talk to them as serialdevices.

The devices show up when I run usbdevs, and again when plugged in and =
out.

Drivers load and all seems to be correct. Until I try to access the =
device.

There are no device entry's except, usbd and ugenN.

This make getting ppp to work with my usb modem a bit difficult.

On the other hand the usb mouse runs perfectly, logitech, has its own =
driver.

I assumed and it appears incorrectly that the device entry's (/dev ) =
where created dynamical, with the now absence of the MAKEDEV in /dev. =
HELP please.

I am obviously doing something wrong!!=20

I would appreciate replies direct getting the daily digests are =
difficult at the moment.

Regards and again thanks=20

John

mailto://mulgajohn@bigpond.com=20