Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:55:07 +0300
From:      Alex <alex@dynaweb.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   where to find info on ipfw programming interface?

Hi ppl!

I need to be able to control ipfw rules from within my program.
A year ago I spent a week to get how to do this using ipfw utility
sources. And at last successfully did it after a lot of probes and falls :0)
But now since 5.0 FreeBSD is using another implementation (so called
IPFW2) which is much more comprehensive and I believe robust at least as
I got from ip_fw.h
But in any case some thing are still unclear for me.

So the question is: where can I find some kind of  formal specification
on what order commands and actions must be placed in a rule and what
kind of parameters are needed for every kind of op_code.

If there're anything about thsi problem I'd be very glad to have a copy
or at last a link to :0)

Alex