Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        igorr@crosswinds.net
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NIS tutorial needed

> Hello,
> I'm glad to say that I have great success with diskless setup.
> Many thanks to Andrew Gordon for his great help, also I like to thank
> Paul Jansen (he also had troubles with diskless) for some ideas.
>
> Now, can somebody give me link to good tutorial about NIS? Because I think
> than there are more than 3 Unix machines in room, there is time for
> NIS :-)

There's a section in the handbook that will help you get started.  If
that's not sufficient, look for O'Reilly's book entitled _Managing NFS
and NIS_.

Hope this helps

--
Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Finger dima@unixfreak.org for my public PGP key.

"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."
	-- Napoleon Bonaparte