Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:50:04 GMT
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/125181: [ndis] [patch] with wep enters kdb.enter.unknown,  panics

The following reply was made to PR kern/125181; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org>
To: Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, onemda@gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/125181: [ndis] [patch] with wep enters kdb.enter.unknown,
	panics
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:43:42 -0700

 On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:09:52PM -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:
 > Andrew,
 >
 > I got directed to this PR by onemda@gmail.com (Paul D. Mahol), who's
 > been helping me track down some edge cases in the if_ndis locking
 > rewrite. I am not 100% familiar with the locking semantics in play here
 > (IEEE80211 and VAPs), so I wanted to run it by you before I determine
 > that it seems to be working well for me.

 I dont think ndis should be reaching into the net80211 lock. Now that
 ndis uses a regular mutex its a good chance to add mtx_asserts in the
 right places and get the locking up to speed. I will try to post a patch
 soon unless someone beats be to it.

 Andrew