Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 13:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Chris Knight <chris@aims.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maintaining Large Patchsets Against FreeBSD

what is the patchset?

It IS possible to set up a branch on your mirrored cvs repository using
some magic branch numbers. john Polstra (jpd@freebsd.org) would be the
person to ask if it can be done with a branch off a branch...
(a magic branch off the 4.x branch)

You may also be able to use P4 to import the 4.x branch into p4
and keep branch off that.. (but I couldn't tell you details)