Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:35:17 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <st@i-plus.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Reboot - time changed

Could be a faulty RTC.  We had the same thing happen to a windows 98 machine
on a Tyan motherboard.  I believe it has AWARD BIOS, I don't know what
version of anything on it.

To prevent such occurances from happening, you really should be running
ntpdate at boot time to ensure that the clock is correct, and xntpd to keep
the time in sync.