Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 19:45:56 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make clean failure at japanese/ruby14-tcltklib

At Sat, 16 Jun 2001 12:25:58 +0200,
Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> I'm trying to "spring clean" my ports-tree but fails at
> japanese/ruby14-tcltklib/
>
> root:/usr/ports/japanese/ruby14-tcltklib$ make clean
> "Makefile", line 18: Could not find
> /usr/ports/japanese/ruby14-tcltklib/../../lang/ruby14-tcltklib/Makefile
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Sorry but Ruby 1.4.x and its libraries had been completely removed
from the ports tree some time ago.  Currently we have only Ruby 1.6
(stable) and 1.7 (development) in the tree.

Please use cvs or cvsup to get your ports tree back to the past, or
use Ruby 1.6 with the latest ports tree. (I'd strongly recommend the
latter)

The incompatibility between 1.4 and 1.6 is not so seriously large.
Try running your Ruby 1.4 scripts on Ruby 1.6 with an option `-w' to
get some hints on migration.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Freeze this moment a little bit longer, make each impression
  a little bit stronger..  Experience slips away -- Time stand still"