Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:23:58 +0100
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New technologies in FreeBSD 5.x vs. 4.x

Hmm. somewhat OT for -current and very OT for -hackers (crossposting remo=
ved).=20
-questions would be better

On Thursday 06 February 2003 02:17 pm, Adrian Penisoara wrote:
<snipped>
>   I'm about to write an article on FreeBSD for PC Magazine Romania and =
> would like to concentrate on the new technologies introduced in FreeBSD
> 5.x.

excellent, the advocacy is welcome

>   Where can I find a (preferrably detailed) list of the new technologie=
> introduced with FreeBSD 5.x ?

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/relnotes.html
for your given architecture is designed to give you this information.

> I would also like, if possible, to
> get in touch with a few of the main developers that took charge of
> coding them.

You could read through a lot of the manpages for new technology as listed=
 in=20
the relnotes.  The authors of each are listed in the manpage.  That doesn=
't=20
get you everybody that contributed, but is a good start

Very detailed information for every commit can be found at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/