Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:59:44 +0200
From:      "DJ Boris" <dj_boris@mail.ru>
To:        "Lars Eighner" <eighner@io.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: user-ppp, named and squid

yup,
host.conf has
=============
hosts
bind
=============
in this order. unfortunately host.conf is no longer used. it creates a file
called nsswitch.conf and in it I have the same but written in a different
way
names: files dns
as I said the strangest thing is that ppp works fine but as soon as I enable
named in the rc.conf it hangs at startup. and the other way around, when I
enable named and disable ppp machine starts fine... the only way is to use
the work around... I am totally confused...